Sunday, July 20, 2008

Lutsen day 4

Thursday morning was a foggy and cool morning. We sat around for awhile after having egg burritos for breakfast and then decided to take a walk up the hill to the Lutsen Ski Resort.

Here is a one of the views on the way up the hill:

We were thinking it was only about a 1/2 mile up the road. Um, no. More like 1 1/2 miles of a very steep incline. The girls took their bikes and we put Darin and Natalie in the jogger. We knew it'd be uphill but figured the girls could at least ride back down. We were naive in how much work it would be and totally not dressed appropriately. I was wearing jeans, a tank top and a fleece sweatshirt. It was, after all, quite a chilly morning. About halfway up the hill, I was ready to strip down to my skivvies, but I refrained. I did take off my sweatshirt and was just wearing a tank top (with spaghetti straps, not the wider straps that I make the girls wear). Ellie looked at me and said, "Mom, you're not exactly the most modestly dressed person." At least I know she's been listening to what I say. :-)

Once we got to the top, we looked around the gift shop for awhile and watched a few people go down the alpine slide. Then we ran/walked back down the hill--a much easier feat.

After nap time we drove back into Grand Marais to have supper at Sven and Ole's. We had a pizza with wild rice on it and it was delicious. Then we headed back over to Beth's Fudge and Gifts and picked up some more fudge--more praline pecan and some mint chocolate. We just might have to have them ship us some more since our stash is almost gone.

0 comments:

Design by Dzelque Blogger Templates 2007-2008